A couple of nights ago we had a delicious frittata for dinner. I love making frittatas for dinner because you can pack them full of yummy vegetables. They are quick and easy to make, and I personally think they are deeelicious. This one was particularly good, I’m attributing it to the sweet potatoes. We ate ours with a big salad. Such a great dinner!
Healthy Veggie Frittata
2 tsp olive oil
Brussels sprouts, halved
1 sweet potato chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350, then:
1. Heat oil and garlic in cast iron skillet.
2. Add sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts; sautée for 6-8 minutes
3. Add onions and bell peppers, sautée another 5 minutes.
4. While sautéeing vegetables beat eggs, egg whites, and milk together.
5. Add spinach to other vegetables.
6. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, cook in the skillet for 1-2 minutes.
7. Move skillet to preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.