Whew! I can’t believe it has been two weeks since my last post. Time really flies! The past couple of weeks have been a mixed bag. We have had some super fantastic days and some tough days. Henry got sick for the first time-no fun. Thankfully, he is on the mend. Instead of dwelling on the tough stuff, I’m going to focus on all the fun things we have been doing lately!
- We have had some quality time with John! As I have said many times, Henry loves his Dad so much. This month John will be on consults (aka he gets weekends off) AND he has his one week vacation coming up in March. Can I get a round of applause?!
- I have been jogging more consistently. What a difference regular exercise/endorphins can make! I have joined a training group for a race this in Chapel Hill. It has been fun to have accountability and other people to run with.
- We had fun taking some mirror selfies before church 🙂
- I have been intentionally taking some time to relax. One way I have been doing this lately is to try to have D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read) time during one of Henry’s naps. I am currently reading Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan. It is a really fun book and is one that totally takes me away each time I read it. An added bonus is that the cover glows in the dark!
- Henry is now big enough to be front-facing in our ergo carrier. He stays entertained for longer, meaning I can get more done around the house. Victory!
- I have been enjoying Lucy. Since having Henry, Lucy has sometimes been an added stressor. I have felt guilty for being easily annoyed by her. But taking care of Henry has felt so overwhelming at times that I have not had any energy left to play with Lucy. Lately, however, Henry has been absolutely obsessed with her. He watches her every move and LOVES it when she licks his face and hands. His love for her has helped me remember all the great things about our sweet pup. Thanks Henry!
Please notice the tummy time occurring in each of these pictures. Way to go Henry!
Sometimes taking a moment to focus on (and write down) the positive things in life can help us maintain a good attitude. Isn’t that wonderful? Today, we have Kindermusik, we are hoping to go for a jog if the rain will hold out, and tonight we have small group. I’m thinking about making Skinnytaste’s Minestrone soup for dinner.