I have been trying to write this post since Monday morning (for a “Mindfulness Monday” post), but this week has been crazy, so instead this is a “Mindfulness Morning” post.
I have always enjoyed having something to look forward to. This is not a bad thing. However, I think it is important to be thankful for the present moment. So often I catch myself placing all my focus on how many hours we have until John gets home or how many days are left until vacation. A slice of the mindfulness pie is living in the present moment. Here are some things I am going to be doing to work on that:
- Put my phone/technology down and enjoy the beautiful life I am living.
- Focusing on breathing is another part of mindfulness. Taking a deep, cleansing breath is so important in times of stress. I am going to work on taking that breath and using it to focus on what I am thankful for at that very moment. For example, when Henry has a meltdown in the car: instead of driving like a maniac to get home, I am going to try to remember to take a deep breath and be thankful we got out of the house to have some fun!
- Having a quiet time each day to focus on thankfulness. This is something I have gotten out of the habit of lately. I am constantly asking the Lord for things. He has given me so much to be thankful for, and I want to remember to take time each day to thank and praise him for that.
I am excited to practice these three small things this week!
We had a great weekend. My dear friend Natalie was in town and we had all sorts of fun! Some Henry highlights were:
- His new jumperoo. Endless entertainment for every Eick!
- We finally bought and enjoyed Little Blue Truck Leads the Way.
- His size three diapers arrived. How is time flying by so fast?
- Beeeeeautiful weather here in Chapel Hill meant we spent lots of time outside on walks or just hanging out on the front porch!
Tonight we are having some good friends over for dinner and I am making burrito bowls! They are so easy and are always a crowd pleaser. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow.